Authors in Pubs is expanding its monthly show to include a burlesque/steampunk style review. Planning is brand new and we welcome any and all suggestions or comments. It could be a fashion show, skits or something just a ‘little naughty’. My first idea is to start the show at 9:30 pm just as the Authors in Pubs readings end. There will be a cover, but the people already inside get to stay for free. What we currently have is:
1) The Jack London Bar as a venue. Full bar, full menu, stage, lighting, professional mixer/sound system and seats for 110
2) Our band, The Consort Symbiotic, has recently added a fourth member. We now have clarinet, muted trumpet, keyboards and percussion.
3) Don Van Kirk will produce the show and be responsible for its content, advertising and basically what & who goes where.
What we need is:
1) Performers, actors, theater people and maybe even a set designer and a director at some point
2) Input, ideas, comments and just plain ‘HELP’
Please contact me with anything you think of.
Don Van Kirk
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, 503-739-5411 cell